Human Trafficking - Know the Signs
Could you recognise a victim of human trafficking?
Human Trafficking can affect anyone, of any age, gender or nationality.
- Working against their will?
- Have their movements controlled?
- Subject to violence of threats?
- Distrustful of authorities?
- Unable to communicate freely with others?
- Unsure of where they are?
- Not integrated with the local community?
Do they appear to:
- Have little or no time off?
- Live in overcrowded accommodation?
- Have bruises or unexplained injuries?
- Be subject to security at their accommodation or work premises?
- Have no access to their earnings?
- Work excessive hours?
- Be in a situation of dependence?
These are just some of the indicators that someone may have been trafficked. You can find more signs on the nidirect website.
If you have suspicions, report them to:
- Report it to the police on Tel 101
- Via the PSNI website Police Service of Northern Ireland (nidirect.gov.uk)
- Call CrimeStoppers anonymously on Tel 0800 555 111
You can also contact Migrant Help 24/7 referral line on Tel 077 6666 8781.