How to spot a scam!
- Think about the cost – price is usually a good indicator as to whether goods are likely to be counterfeit.
- Be wary about buying branded goods particularly online and outside of usual premises.
- Many counterfeits are difficult to spot but consumers should look out for poor packaging, bad spelling or printing, photocopied instructions and lack of regulatory markings.
- Online photographs of genuine items can be used to promote items but the delivered goods may well be counterfeit.
Report your suspicions to:
- PSNI on Tel 101
- Via the PSNI website Police Service of Northern Ireland (nidirect.gov.uk)
- CrimeStoppers anonymously on Tel 0800 555 111
- Consumerline on Tel 0300 123 62 62
Trading standards at: